This Rental Agreement is entered into on this day by and between Roberto Coppola and Teresa S. Coppola, (“Owners”), and the tenant. The tenant agrees to rent the premises located at 279 Riverview Drive in Luray, Virginia 22835, upon the following terms and conditions:
PAYMENTS-Payment in full is expected at time of reservation for sums up to $500. Payments may be split in ½ upon request for a $5 transaction fee. Sums over $500, Deposit ½ due at time of reservation. Full payment due 10 days prior to arrival.
2. CANCELLATION POLICY
- Full refund of deposit, less a $40 cancellation fee, if cancelled more than 10 days prior to your stay.
- No refund of deposit, if cancelled within 10 days of your stay. Any cancellation made within 6 days of your stay, will be billed the full amount.
3. CHECK IN & CHECK OUT TIMES
CHECK IN: 4:00 PM
CHECK OUT: 11:00 AM
4. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY
Caraway Cabin: The maximum number of guests is limited to 4 people including minors.
The premises will be used exclusively as temporary lodging for no more than 4 persons including minors. If additional persons are found to be residing at the Premises, a fee for each additional person of Twenty Dollars ($20.00) per person per night will be charged to the Tenant. Additionally, if any laws regarding occupancy are broken, Tenant will pay all fines associated with this violation.
5. CABIN IS NON-SMOKING
Smoking is permitted outside only.
Linens are provided upon request for a fee ($40 per set). Bring your sheets and towels, unless you are renting them from Lazy River Cabins.
Caraway ( 2 Queen Beds)
Absolutely NO PETS on any furniture; including BEDS. Pets must be crated if left unattended in the cabin. Please clean up after your pet in the yard around the cabin, and clean up hair from the floors. You are liable for any damages caused by your pets during your stay.
8. HOT TUB
Use At Your Own Risk. Do NOT put any bubble bath or liquids in the hot tub. No pets are allowed in the hot tub. Leave cover on when not using the hot tub, so hot tub will stay warm and keep debris from trees out.
If coming off the river, please shower before entering the hot tub or else the water will turn green and smell like river water. If this happens, the security deposit will be forfeited.
In event that the hot tub breaks down during your stay, you will receive a $30 refund.
9. EARLY DEPARTURES
No refund for early departures.
10. INCLEMENT WEATHER
No refunds due to inclement weather.
11. RETURN OF ITEMS
Items left in the cabin will be shipped for a Minimum Fee of $25 plus cost of shipping.
We take pride in providing you with a clean and comfortable cabin. Please leave the cabin clean in the same order as your arrival. Please do not move or rearrange furniture.
A Security Deposit for the amount of $100 will be added to the total cost of your stay. It will be refunded to you, if the cabin is left in acceptable condition according to our standards. It will not be refunded if damage is found or if excessive cleaning is required.
Tenant acknowledges that, unless the Owners are notified immediately upon occupancy, the Premises, including the furniture, furnishings, and appliances are in good working order and repair. Tenant will keep the Premises in a sanitary condition and will notify the Owners of any damage to the Premises or its contents, or any inoperable equipment or appliances. Tenant will surrender the premises, at termination, in as good a condition as received, normal wear and tear exempted. Tenant acknowledges that if the Premises are left in an exceptionally unclean or unsanitary condition, cleaning charges will be assessed at a rate of $50.00 per hour with a minimum charge of One Hundred Dollars ($100.00). Tenant will be responsible for any damage due to misuse caused by Tenant or his or her family, invites and guests. It is understood that Homeowners Insurance does not cover Tenant’s personal property.
13. UPON CHECKING OUT
- In Kitchen, dishes are to be cleaned and put away, turn off coffee maker and range. It is NOT necessary to empty the refrigerator.
- Sweep floors throughout cabin.
- Turn off lights, leave heat on set at 60 degrees in the winter, and turn off AC in the summer.
- Lock up cabin upon leaving and please Return Key to Lock Box.
- In Yard, pick up any trash, place ashes from charcoal grill into ash bucket, and DO NOT throw any burnt logs in the woods.
14. TRASH GUIDELINES
Please try to take your trash with you. Put trash in designated areas/trash cans outside the cabin. Limit your trash bags. 1 bag per weekend or 3 bags per week. Excessive Trash Charge: $5 per extra bag will be taken from the Security Deposit.
Please make an effort to recycle using an organized sorting system using shopping bags. Do not throw all recycling items in one bag; otherwise, it will be considered a trash bag.
15. ORDINANCES AND STATUTES. Tenant will comply with all statutes and ordinances of all authorities. There is a noise ordinance enforced by the County of Page that must be complied with. The Owners reserve the right to refuse services to any potential tenant and to terminate this agreement without notice and without refund for any reason if deemed necessary by management. Violation of any term of this Lease, including this paragraph shall result in a minimum stipulated damage amount of Three Hundred Dollars ($300.00).
16. INDEMNIFICATION. Owners shall not be liable for any damage or injury to Tenant, or any other person(s) including Tenant’s guests or invitees, or to any property, occurring on the Premises. Tenants agree to hold Owners harmless from any claims for damages, no matter how caused and hereby waive any claim for damages in consideration of the rental terms herein. Tenants acknowledge the leased premises is in a somewhat remote area of mountain and undeveloped land in Page County, Virginia, and hereby assume the risk as a result of any injury or damage occurring in or about the residence premises and the surrounding acreage including, but not limited to, injury or property damage, by fall, trees, storm, lightning, snow, ice, hurricane, tornado, animals, reptiles, insects, or spiders. Tenants do hereby waive any claim for damages as a result of the aforesaid and to indemnify Roberto Coppola and Teresa S. Coppola in the event they should be held responsible for same.
17. ATTORNEY’S FEES. In the event that either party hereto is required to institute litigation of some other form of alternative dispute resolution in order to enforce the terms of this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover from the non-prevailing party all reasonable costs and attorney’s fees.
18. APPLICABLE LAW AND VENUE. This Agreement shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Virginia. The parties hereto consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Page County, Virginia, for any disputes relating to this Agreement. Tenant acknowledges that he/she/they has/have read and agree(s) to the above terms and conditions, and acknowledge(s) receipt of a copy of this Agreement.
333 Lazy River West Road, Luray, Virginia 22835 tel 540-743-9359 www.lazyrivercabins.com